With over 300 hectares of skiable terrain, there is something to appeal to all levels of ability at Mt Buller. Their runs range from the wide beginner’s slopes of Bourke St and Burnt Hut Spur, to the challenge of black runs like Chamois. With 22 lifts, Mt Buller has the largest lift network in Victoria, including thirteen chairlifts (fourof which are high speed detachables) four T-bars, two rope tows (counted as one) and four magic carpets. The resort features three Terrain Parks designed for all skill levels, with a dedicated snow grooming team to maintain their condition. For plenty of snow play fun, Mt Buller has two toboggan parks, complete with their own snowmaking machines to keep the kids happy all winter long. The Mt Buller Village is situated picturesquely at the heart of the mountain, offering ski in, ski out accommodation and a huge range of bars and restaurants. With a wide range of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets, there is something to cater for all needs. Over 35 bars and restaurants provide a range of delectable treats, from quick snacks to fine dining and a choice of nightlife options.
All overnight visitors are required to carry chains at all times as weather conditions may change unexpectedly throughout the evening.
Mt Buller's wheel chain requirements are decided on a daily basis and are determined by weather forecasts and existing road conditions. Chain requirements may vary between 2-wheel drive (2WD) and 4-wheel drive (4WD) and All-wheel drive (AWD) vehicles, as each of these types of cars react differently to snow and icy road conditions.
Transfer Information - Melbourne to Mt Buller
Bus - Ski Express
Travel Time - 3.0hrs
Departs from Melbourne Spencer St & Melbourne Tulllamarine Airport.
Days of departure: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday (Subject to timetable changes)
Includes: Resort Entry and drop off at mountain base - see itinerary for more information
Bus - Buller Bus
Travel Time - 3.0hrs
Departs from Melbourne Spencer St & Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
Days of departure: Tuesday - Sunday (Subject to timetable changes)
Drop off at Village
Travel Time: 2.5hrs - 3hrs
Departs: Melbourne - Please note chain pick up is in Mansfield.
Resort Entry Fees
Winter Peak Rates - June Long Weekend to October Long Weekend
Throughout the declared snow season you must pay a resort entry fee to access Mt Buller or Mt Stirling. Resort Entry covers entry to both Mt Buller and Mt Stirling, providing you with an easy way to see each mountain. All vehicles entering the resorts must display a valid entry pass. $58 per vehicle or $46.40 online* per day
Overnight Car Parks: The Mt Buller day and overnight car parks are located approx 1.5 – 3 kms below the Mt Buller Village, an attendant who will guide you to a parking spot in one of our day or overnight car parks. As the Mt Buller Village is located above the snow line, only authorized vehicles are able to drive into the Village. Pricing does vary per day of week and number of nights, for more information and to book go to mtbuller.com.au
Ridesha: Once you have parked your car in an overnight car park, you can catch a 4WD taxi to your accommodation in the Mt Buller Village. Taxis operate Ride shares operate 7 days, from 7am - midnight. Out of hours times must be booked, and incur an additional charge of $100. For more information on this service, please call (03) 5777 6158.
Day Visitors: Once you have parked your car in the day car park, you can jump on a free shuttle bus that will take you up into the Village centre. Shuttle buses operate from 8am-6pm daily.
On arrival please proceed to your accommodation check-in point, which is noted on the property description. Please note your accommodation's check-in time. Early arrivals cannot be guaranteed and if arriving early or after hours we strongly recommend you call ahead. Security bonds may apply, please refer to the property description.
*Pricing based on 2020 season, to be used as guide only.
Lift Tickets & Equipment Hire
Pick up your B-TAG at any ticket window or Buller Sports location ($5 per B-Tag) - for more information see your vouchers below.
Ski and Snowboard School
Improve your skills, gain confidence and discover the wonders of Mt Buller with one of their professional instructors. The Ski and Snowboard School is located at the bottom of the Mercedes-Benz Express and offers the following:
Morning registrations for the Bunyip & Crèche programs commence fom 8:30am each morning. We highly recommend you arrive early to allow plenty of time to purchase tickets and register. It is highly probable you will experience delays if you arrive a few minutes prior to the commencement of the lesson. Lessons are held every day over the period of the lift pass. Lift passes and Lessons are for consecutive days
Please be advised lesson times and availability vary throughout the season.
Children must have all equipment (skis, boots, helmet) and be dressed and ready to ski at the time of registration.
AM Session: 9.30am to 12.00pm (no lunch)
PM Session: 1.30pm to 4.00pm (no lunch)
Buller Kids 7-14yrs
Your kids will have a blast exploring the mountain with our team of specialist kids instructors. Lessons are held every day over the period of the lift pass. Lift passes and Lessons are for consecutive days
Please be advised lesson times and availability vary throughout the season.
AM Session: 9.30am to 12.30pm (no lunch)
PM Session: 1.30pm to 4.00pm (no lunch)
Adult & Teen Lessons
Build your confidence with a two hour group lesson. Mt Buller's team of instructors are dedicated to giving you the best possible experience for you to learn and progress your skiing and boarding level quickly.
Lessons are offered daily at 9am,11.00am and 1.30pm for Beginner (green zone) and 1:30pm only for Intermediate (blue zone) skiers and boarders . Ski Lessons meet directly outside the Ski School Building, while Snowboard Lessons meet at the top of the Blue Bullet Chairlift. Please be advised lesson times and availability vary throughout the season.
ATM There are two ATM's at Mt Buller. One ATM is located in the Village Square, and the other ATM is located in the entrance of Alpine Central.
Village Square Plaza
Free Wi-Fi The Village Square Plaza offers free Wi-Fi for visitors in 20 minute blocks per 24 hours.
Lockers Lockers are available at various outlets for hire. Black Mountain Equipment, George's Ski Hire, Buller Sports Central and Ski School have lockers available to hire.
Supermarket Located in the heart of the Village centre, Buller Grocer is a licensed supermarket open seven days a week.
Rental and Retail
Free Shuttle The free Village shuttle operates around the resort from 8am to 6pm daily with various pickup/ drop off points on three routes. The free car park shuttle transports day visitors without luggage from the car parks to the Village, a continuous daily service.
Guest Services Answering all your questions across the mountain there's nothing they won't be able to help with, look out for them in bright yellow Mt Buller jackets.
Buller Kids' Centre & Creche Located in the Ski & Snowboard School building on Bourke St, the Kids' Centre offers 1/2 and full day child minding services.
Alpine Spa Retreat
Physio & Massage
Please see here for more details on Facilities and Services at Mt Buller: https://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/resort-info/the-village/facilities-services
Resort and Village Maps can be found here: https://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/resort-info/about-mt-buller/resort-maps
See here for Mt Buller's 2019 First Timer's Guide: https://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/plan-your-visit/planning-tools/first-timers-guide
The average temperature in Australia over winter is -4°C, therefore it is imperative that you pack a number of layers to stay warm during your stay.
Layers. Start with a tight-fitting, breathable, non-cotton under-layer, then build outward with sweatpants, a light sweater or sweatshirt, and top it all off with a fleece that can be worn under an outer waterproof shell.
Lots of socks. Mix in some wool hikers along with your ski socks for the times you just want to walk around the resort. (Hot tip: Never wear two pairs of socks in your Ski boots / Snowboard boots. Your feet sweat, the moisture freezes and resulting in cold feet. If you’re suffering from icy toes, try a little talcum powder inside your socks instead)
Snow boots and sneakers.
Waterproof or water-resistant snow pants and jackets.
Eye protection. Don't overlook protecting your eyes from the sun, snow-glare and the elements. Goggles and sunglasses are a must for the entire family.
Sunscreen and lip balm. The Sun reflects off the snow this effect combined with the altitude means you'll definitely need to slather everyone in SPF 30 or higher before enjoying time outdoors
Waterproof mittens or gloves, glove liners, hats and neck gators or scarves. On snow days you'll definitely want a way to cover your entire face while skiing or riding down the mountain!
Hat Especially for the more fashion-conscious teenagers traveling with you, helmet-head can be easily disguised with a beanie during lunch and après ski.
A small backpack that can be left in a slope-side locker during the day, or that one member of the family can wear on the mountain to hold a bottle of water, sunscreen and other daily must-haves.
Bathing Suit: A must for the Après hot tub
A Youth I.D. Card for each of your children. In case your child zigs when you zag at a trail merge, we encourage you to fill out an I.D. card, stuff it in their jacket pocket, and instruct your child to present the card to any Resort employee if they become separated from you at any point during your stay.
Helmets We strongly recommend that you wear one. They’re comfy, warm and a great way to stay safe.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Buller Holidays Pty Ltd (ACN 165 086 126), on its own behalf and as agent for Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd (ABN 25 153 985 829) (collectively the Supplier) offers you use of recreational services (Recreational Services) at the Mount Buller Alpine Resort (the Resort) on the terms and conditions (Conditions) set out in this notice. The Recreational Services are all services provided by the Supplier associated with the use of the snow slopes and the mountain for recreational activities including but not limited to skiing, snowboarding and sightseeing. The Recreational Services include, but are not limited to, the provision and operation of ski lifts, snowmaking, snow slope design, construction, maintenance and grooming, hazard assessment and mitigation, skiing and snowboarding lessons, equipment rental, retail products and the operation of the ski patrol.
You may accept this offer by purchasing a BTag, ski lift access product, using a BTag, topping up a BTag, hiring equipment from the Supplier, purchasing or participating in lessons offered by the Supplier or using or making use of any of the Recreational Services. If you do any of these things, you have accepted this offer and are bound by the Conditions.
PURCHASE OF BTAG AND DAILY ACCESS
1. You must purchase a BTag and ski lift access product for the days on which you wish to ski, snowboard or mountain bike at the Resort. Prices are displayed at the Resort and on the Supplier's website. If you rent equipment or enrol or participate in skiing or snowboarding lessons, you must also pay the applicable price. Even if you fail to purchase a BTag or to pay an applicable fee, if you use any of the facilities at the Resort or make use of any of the Recreational Services, by such use you agree to and will be bound by these Conditions.
2. The Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, are not liable to you, your dependents or legal representatives, for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty of the Supplier, including but not limited to any liability for Recreational Services not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose which you made known, expressly or by implication, to the Supplier or because they failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you which you, expressly or by implication, made known to the Supplier or for breach of any other consumer guarantee of the Australian Consumer Law (Vic) or of the Australian Consumer Law (Cth).
RISK WARNING AND WAIVER TO SUE
3. You acknowledge that Recreational Services and associated recreational activities are dangerous with many risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur and you assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue the Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, for any personal injury or death suffered by you in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your use of such services or your participation in such activities.
4. You acknowledge that the Supplier strongly recommends that all skiers and snowboarders wear accredited helmets and recommends that all snowboarders wear wristguards.
5. WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the Supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this sign. NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in or on this sign, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the Supplier's part. ‘Gross negligence’, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
6. You must comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code and all signs or other directions of the Supplier. It may suspend or cancel your BTag and access to Recreational Services at the Resort in its absolute discretion for non-compliance with the Code, these Conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
7. You must carry your BTag in or on your ski jacket at all times on the snow slopes which must be presented to the Supplier's agent upon request.
8. No BTag or access product can be resold, transferred or altered in any manner. They are valid only for the dates purchased. The Supplier will not refund or replace any BTag if you suffer any illness or injury or if any lift service is not operating.
9. These Conditions may be varied from time to time. The variations will be displayed on signs at the Resort and posted on the Supplier’s Website.
10. These Conditions are to be governed by and construed first in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and secondly in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria. If there is any inconsistency, the laws of the Commonwealth prevail. The courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction. If any provision is determined to be void, illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain and continue to be valid, binding and enforceable.
11. The rental of all equipment by you from the Supplier is subject to these Conditions and to the more detailed conditions set out in the rental agreement you are required to sign. If there is any difference or inconsistency between the two sets of conditions, the conditions on the signed agreement shall prevail.
PURCHASES ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON AND INDEMNITY
12. If you purchase a BTag or access product or Recreational Service from the Supplier on behalf of another person, you make that purchase as the agent of that other person who is also bound by these Conditions and by using or making use of the Recreational Services such person acknowledges and agrees to the Conditions as if that person had read this sign and then made the purchase. You warrant that you have that person's authority to so bind them unless you purchase a BTag or access product or Recreational Service from the Supplier on behalf a child (under 18 years) in which case you agree to fully indemnify the Supplier for all loss and damage it may suffer due to any legal proceedings being brought by or on behalf of that child against the Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, for any personal injury or death suffered by that child caused by or arising from his/her use of Recreational Services or participation in recreational activities.
PRIVACY STATEMENT – See website www.mtbuller.com.au for privacy statement